Hello all,

Have read on a custom holster maker's website once that he uses Angelus (sp?) Dyes exclusively to refinish his holster/sheaths. Has anyone here used Angelus dyes before? What did you think of it? I have only used Eco-Flo water-based dyes so far since not too many choices are available to me here in California. As far as I know Angelus dyes are not restricted.

Thanks.

Peter

Hello all,

Have read on a custom holster maker's website once that he uses Angelus (sp?) Dyes exclusively to refinish his holster/sheaths. Has anyone here used Angelus dyes before? What did you think of it? I have only used Eco-Flo water-based dyes so far since not too many choices are available to me here in California. As far as I know Angelus dyes are not restricted.

Thanks.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I only use Angelius, I love the manny vivid colors and they fit my style perfectly. I get them from: www.turtlefeathers.net (I have no connection with the owner for that website besides I buy from them)

Good Luck//Tina

Angelus Makes a fine product. there was a time here when there was an independet

leather craft dealer and he carried the complete line of angelus products. one of

my favorite dyes was brown it was a true brown with no red cast to it.

I WOULD LOVE TO FIND A QUART OF ANGELUS MAGHONY ANTIQUE.

Tina, thanks for the link...I just ordered a couple bottles. I've grown weary of the inconsistency I've been experiencing with my local source.

I'll report back after I've used some.

R

Luke,

I think the link I pasted down has at least all the leather dyes and all the leather paints from Angelus. They come in either 4oz or quarts.

Rayban,

I have bought stuff from that places for a year now and I'm super happy. They deliver quickly and IF something is wrong they make good even quicker.

Luke,

I think the link I pasted down has at least all the leather dyes and all the leather paints from Angelus. They come in either 4oz or quarts.

Rayban,

I have bought stuff from that places for a year now and I'm super happy. They deliver quickly and IF something is wrong they make good even quicker.

You might checkout their website because they offer different types (grades) of dye - like leather, dye ain't just dye. I've had the best luck with their professional line.

Thanks all. Turtle feathers was where I found Angelus dyes before, just wanted to get everyone's opinion before I order a bottle or two to try. Eco-Flo has been okay for me but I'd like to try something else to move my projects to the next level in finished appearance. Thanks.

You might checkout their website because they offer different types (grades) of dye - like leather, dye ain't just dye. I've had the best luck with their professional line.

Billsotx, if you don't mind, can you post the specific link for these professional dyes? I went onto Turtle Feathers but could not find a link for these professional dyes. Thanks.

Going to look the next time, thanks for the tip Billsotx:-)

Oh, one thing, don't forgett to buy a quart or so of the Reducer, that way you can make almost any shade of the color you have. I also blend them as I wish to get new colors...Ex, yellow + red=orange etc. that way there is no need to get all the colors they have. Just a small tip to save some dollars.

Tina...all I found....although it was pretty early this morning...was two sections of dyes...one had bright red, green, yellow, etc. for shoes and stuff....and the other was tabbed " Leather Dyes"...I take it that is what's meant by their pro dyes...they had all the tans, russet, browns, etc.....

I've already heard back from them with an order confirmation, thanks for your order, etc.

If those don't work I may just start ordering W&C drum dyed tan sides for now on.

Billsotx, if you don't mind, can you post the specific link for these professional dyes? I went onto Turtle Feathers but could not find a link for these professional dyes. Thanks.

Sorry, I of all should know not to be ambiguous - got in a hurry. I was just thinking Angelus and not their vendors.

http://www.angelusshoepolish.com/

Look along the foot of the above page for Product Catalog and then choose from there. There's a lot of stuff over there.

When I call they are extremely polite and knowledgeable and have helped me quite a bit when I wanted something new. They're more than just people selling stuff.

Now Tina's going to have to re-dye her cuffs and hobbles ... lol!

Edited by Billsotx

Now Tina's going to have to re-dye her cuffs and hobbles ... lol!

Naw *LOL* For "those things" I'm strickly using Latigo leather, comes black, shiny and nice:-)